Mobile Telecommunication Operators Association (m-TOD) was founded in 2016, by Turkcell, Turk Telekom and Vodafone, companies operating in the mobile telecommunications industry, with the aim of providing solutions to the common problems of the industry.
The main objectives of m-TOD, whose Secretariat took office in April 2017, are as follows:
- Having a direct contribution to a predominantly ethical, competitive and liberal understanding within the mobile communications services industry in Turkey.
- Establishing a cooperation ground that would make possible to resolve the common problems of the industry
- Carrying out activities in line with public good
- Increasing efficiency by raising the quality of human resources and services in the mobile telecommunication operators
- Contributing the industry to stay up-to-date through adapting the developments in the Turkish market to global conditions
m-TOD plans to develop collaborations with public and private sectors, universities, and NGOs both in Turkey and in the international scene. With the aim of taking an active part in all the processes relevant to the industry, m-TOD will utilize position papers, reports and statistical studies as its fundamental tools.
m-TOD consists of a Board of Directors with nine members and a permanent Secretariat. In the Board of Directors, where founders are represented by three delegates each, the Chairmanship is carried out by Turkcell, Türk Telekom, and Vodafone, based on an annual rotation.